UserID:     Password:     Login
PS527: Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow
323 E 91st St · New York, NY 10128 · 212-828-2710
East 91st St
Upcoming Events
  • June 26, 2019 — Last Day of School; Early Dismissal for All Students
  • August 21, 2019 - August 22, 2019 — PS 527 Staff Summer Professional Learning
more events
Daniel R. McCormick, Principal

  East Side School for Social Action
  Daniel R. McCormick, Principal
Ps 527 Parent Teacher Association
2019-2020 Registration Information

Kindergarten: All families who received an offer letter from the Department of Education should have received an email from Parent Coordinator Jennifer Ludwig with instructions on how to arrange a registration appointment. To begin, please review the guidelines for registration below, then enter the registration code to continue.

Grades 1-5: Seats are available for Grades 1, 3, 4, and 5 for zoned students only. Grade 2 is currently waitlisted. If you live in our zone, and have a child entering Grades 1, 3, 4, and/or 5 in September 2019, please call our Main Office at 212-828-2710 or email Parent Coordinator Jennifer Ludwig at to make a registration appointment.

For all grades, you will need to follow these guidelines to register:

A parent or legal guardian must come in for this process, along with the child to be registered. Per Chancellor’s Regulation A-101, we must collect required documentation.

When you come for your appointment, you must bring your child and submit the following documents:

  • Proof of your child’s age (child’s passport or birth certificate - bring the original and a copy)
  • Your child’s updated immunization records - bring the original and a copy
  • A copy of your child’s IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) if available/applicable
  • Proof of Address (bring the original and copies of at least two of the following…)
    • a lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;
    • a residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
    • a bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
    • documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
    • a current property tax bill for the residence;
    • a water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
    • rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
    • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
    • income tax form for the last calendar year;
    • official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
    • official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
    • voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
    • unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
    • evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.

None of the documents listed above will suffice alone. Two proofs of residence are required. A telephone bill, credit card bill or medical insurance card is not acceptable proof of residency.